Vision & Values
At Dersingham VA Primary and Nursery School our vision of; “Feeding mind, body and soul” is inspired by the biblical story of Jesus feeding the 5000.
Our aspiration is for every child to be valued, supported and empowered to reach their full potential. We are committed to nourishing our children to thrive and flourish in a community that cares.
The following reflections have shaped our school:
- Like the miracle of the loaves and fishes, we believe in the abundance of potential within each pupil. We value everyone’s uniqueness. We aim to cultivate an environment that fosters growth, where pupils’ unique talents, skills, and abilities are recognised and nourished. By providing a rich and diverse educational experience, we aim to empower our pupils to flourish academically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Just as Jesus welcomed and fed the multitude, we embrace a culture of inclusivity and compassion. We celebrate diversity and promote an atmosphere of acceptance, respect and understanding. Our pupils learn to appreciate the richness of different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives, fostering an environment where everyone feels values and loved.
- In the story, the offering of five loaves and two fish was transformed into abundance, meeting the needs of the crowd. Similarly, we encourage our pupils to develop a mindset of generosity and service. Through community engagement, outreach programmes and acts of kindness, we aim to instil in our pupils the values of empathy, compassion and a desire to make a positive impact in the world. We aim to nurture mind, body and soul of all children and adults in our community.
In consultation with our key stakeholders we have developed our school aims.
We aim to:
- equip every child with an engaging, broad and balanced curriculum which provides the knowledge, skills and experiences to succeed in the 21st century
- deliver a highly aspirational curriculum which provides opportunities for children to explore possibilities for their future with the belief that they can achieve their goals through hard work and determination;
- provide an appreciation of the local area and community together with an awareness of, and openness towards, the diversity and differences within our country and the world;
- provide a highly nurturing, safe and supportive environment which empowers every child to learn, grow and flourish whilst showing consideration, respect and compassion for others;
- provide opportunities for children to engage with high-quality texts across all aspects of the curriculum and develop a rich vocabulary to support their learning of the world;
- have high expectations of every child and value them as individuals whilst having strong, meaningful links with parents, carers and the local community.